Thursday 31 January 2013

Black Lace

Something a bit different for today,a sample I made for the C&C VIP event.
The central part of the card was stamped and embossed using a black embossing powder with several different sizes of stamps from the same set. I stamped one of  the images on to red card and cut out and mounted onto the card with 3D foam. This made this part the focal point and made the card less flat looking,not keen on flat cards as you can tell from other cards on my blog.
I love any lacy looking stamps,I think it takes me back to my beginning in craft when I started to learn how to make pillow lace.With all the vintage feel to cards including Steampunk,lace has become very popular but it's not the same as hand made lace.It takes time and patience but the result is so worth while.I used to say I always had more patience to do lace than with the girls lol.......
The stamps came from a My Minds Eye kit if I remember right.
 I'm working through my samples for Sheena's next show on 9th February,she's keeping the DT very busy and there's rumours of another show very soon after.
So I think I need as much sleep as I can get.
Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. Morning Karen, Another beautiful card today, loving the black and white with a pop of red. Like yourself, I don't like flat looking cards either, and lace is so girlie, I love it. Boy, Sheena is keeping you busy, hope you were re-vitalised last night ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete