Monday 24 June 2013

Winter Wishes

Well I've done it, I can at last post my photos from my IPad onto my blog. If I sat for long enough to think about it I would have done it earlier. So there's lots of cards to show,I've got a bit of a back log.
Last week was so busy with 3 trips to Ideal world for sample delivery, Sheena Douglass, then Tattered Lace  and then one for HSE24 Germany, how about that then !
The card above was made using one of the new Tattered Lace sets which has plenty of different leaves ,acorns and pinecones. I loved making this wreath ,it was easy to make ,just lots of die-cutting.That was easier to do because I've just brought the Artisan from Spellbinders, it's very handy because  the machine is that bit smaller. Not so many turns of the handle but with good overall pressure. It's handy for these Tattered Lace dies as they're smaller too.
The light tan card I embossed using Sue Wilson's A4 Basket-weave Embossing folder, love these folders as I don't have to do any matching up to extend the pattern as you do with the 5x7 and others.
I cut a circle in the same colour to which I added the die-cut wording, then added the leaves around it.
Cheating I know but at least I had a rounded wreath.
The acorns I cut out in 3 different colours,green for the leaves,tan for the base and cream for the acorn. Cut away the  unwanted area each time place on the green base. The same idea for the holly, giving it red berries. Be random when adding the other leaves and sprigs.
Well I was going to have a playtime to make some sample cards I can keep,would you believe after 9 years I don't have any cards to show for it only photos. That will now be after I make a few for Kay(Hougie) after a cheeky e-mail, good job she's a very good friend lol.
Happy crafting,more tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card and perfectly created! And don't take any s**t from that Rutter woman(wink!)

    ReplyDelete