Wednesday 31 July 2013

"Fabulous" card


ES-016 Cabbage Roses
S4-408 Rounded Squares

This the fourth card made for Spellbinders show, this time using the Cabbage Rose  M-Bossabilities. I did manage to use both sides of this folder. The red base was made by inking the folder a Perfect Medium pad placing in some white card and then putting through the Calibur. The ink had
transferred to the debossed side so I covered it with gold embossing powder and heated.
Over the top of this I used Barn Door Distress ink, this really made the gold embossing pop. Just to make sure there was no ink on the embossing I wiped over with a piece of kitchen roll.
Using the Rounded Squares I cut some gold pearlescent card and a plain black card. The gold I embossed using the other side of the folder, the black was stamped with the greeting. Just to add a few flowers I embossed the the large cabbage roses and cut three out.
To finish the card I added the black crushed ribbon and a Dazzler.
If you go to John's website The Gentleman Crafter, he is also putting cards on his blog he made for the show.
Happy Crafting

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen this card is stunning,on my screen it looks a rich navy,love the flowers,and everything about this card.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    This card has the right title lovely thanks Kitty

    ReplyDelete