Thursday 28 November 2013

She sells seashells........


Back to cards made for Sheena's TV shows, this one was made using the Ice silk as a resist for the Peacock Feathers Distress ink. Very easy but effective, I used a piece of cut and dry foam to apply the silk to the stamp,that way I made sure I applied the right amount. After stamping and drying I applied the ink, the silks resist the ink but also have a shimmery look. The shells were just stamped and embossed in black, then after cutting out I added a little of the ice silk to give them a shimmer.


The idea for this card started with a free gift from a magazine, the Kraft card tags. The shells were stamped in black, but to paint them I mixed the ice silk with Distress inks. This gave me the colour but also a shimmer.
The background is Brushed Corduroy over stamped with the wording, then I embossed a piece of card with one of Sheena's folders and went over it with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. Layered it up and added some wording.
Nearly finished one of my projects which will be on TV next week, another to collect tomorrow  and one to follow very soon, so busy busy busy. 
First though Christmas shopping in Manchester with my husband and daughter.
Happy Crafting 















No comments:

Post a Comment