Wednesday 4 December 2013

Butterfly and Flowers

It's been quite funny this morning as I didn't know which side to watch on TV, Create and Craft with MCS Nancy or Ideal World with Mel doing EK Success. I've been lucky to be asked to do samples for both. The MCS ones were using the antique alphabet stamps, which sold out very quickly  but as I'd used the Lacy Daisy die they were still useful.


On this card I also used one of the banner dies strung on some embroidery thread. The flowers I built up using both the solid and the lacy part of the die set. There was a bit of Spellbinders at the base of the flowers in the form of the scalloped circles. Cannot do without Spellbinders completely, they keep popping up somewhere on my cards.


Here's card from the other side, the lacy butterfly. I don't use punches a lot in general but really enjoyed using these. I think the fact that the stamps and punches match was part of it. The stamps give a really good image even with the amount of fine detail on them.
For this card I stamped  the base in black ink and punch out the butterfly in the centre. To give it a slightly different look, I stamped and punched out the butterfly from one of the other stamps in the set  and added it to the aperture.
Spellbinders again for the frame and an embossing folder from Couture Creations for the card base.
Don't know when to start my Christmas cards at this rate it will be Christmas Eve, so it's busy busy busy for me.
Sheena will be on again soon with some lovely new stamps,definitely not Christmas, and some more lovely dies with Tattered Lace I'm in my element as they say around here. Oh and from Ideal World........... Sorry can say no more.
Happy Crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment