Tuesday 14 January 2014

Pink or purple butterfly tree ?


Which do you prefer pink or purple ? I made this card twice because one was going to the states the other for Jo Channon for her shows this side of the water. As it happen none of the cards Jo and I made for CHA was seen on air, I think a box went missing but we will see for the  later shows.
I can never make an exact card twice, so that's why I did different colours and not so many butterflies on the pink one.


The glittery part was made using double sided adhesive sheet, stick one side on to white card. The sheet removed was then die-cut to be the tree resist. After removing the other side of the adhesive sheet , place on the tree carefully using the removed sheet to help press it down . Using the sheet again , tear a piece of  the bottom, this will make the ground area. Place the sheet back on over the tree, so just the bottom area is unmasked, glitter this. Take off the sheet and glitter the rest, background now done carefully remove the tree mask and then glitter this.
 You could use this same technique with mica powders or gilding flakes.
The butterflies I actually glittered a sheet first then die-cut.
More D-Lites samples tomorrow  and I have other companies in the album just waiting for the go ahead to post.
So it's Happy Crafting for today.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen. The cards are beautiful. The pink could be a sorry card and the purple one a happy card take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, love both cards but I prefer the pink one..

    ReplyDelete